1) Really? Never knew that buffaloes could swim.
~ A baffled girl in M. Hanif’ session at KLF
2) Do you plan to write a novel in Urdu
No, Jis tarah mujhe gali sirf Punjabi mein aati hai, waisay novel sirf angrezi mein aata hai
3) I am a Punjabi and a Sunni, I have a longer life expectancy than other Pakistanis
4) But I forgot to add that I live in Karachi, so cut it little short
5) We did not have any extra-curricular activity in our school, instead we took Principal’s buffalo to the river
6) What was the name of this movie in which a young pretty boy is riding a horse and leading a crusade
~ Speaking of Kingdom of Heaven
7) What are you doing in my session? there is something better going on in other rooms
~ A certain author to a friend
8) Asma Jehangir has told us all the problems, Aasim has told us all the solutions, now all of us should standup and start acting on it. But I have been to enough festivals to realize that nothing will happen, so allow me to continue the talk for a bit.
9) Thori samajh eendi ahai, thori galahin eendi ahai
~ A Sindhi speaking French
10) Mein ek senior poet ke paas apni poetry ki islaah karwanay gai, par unhoon nai meri islaah pe zyada tawaajah di
11) I have never seen a chikna Munafiq like him
~ Speaking of Zia
12) Is it true that your poetry will be reduced to 10% if we take 25 certain words from your vocabulary?
1) How was Lahore Literature Festival?
The girls were cute.
Did they have any brains?
The one sitting next to me, a pretty punjabi girl kept taking selfies in a session on horrors of partition.